Monday 22 October 2012

Scrapbooking Again :)

Hey All,

Ok in the last post I said I was going to show you all some pictures of the albums I have been working on for my kids for Christmas.  Well, I haven't for got, LOL, I just got a little distracted...what else is new.  Hahahah

So about a month ago I was watching a You Tube from Creative Cricut Designs, and Jennifer had mentioned that she used templates from Kiwi Lane Designs to create the layout she was doing.  It was a fantastic layout!!!

Soooooooo of course I had to check Kiwi Lane out...and OMG....I totally fell in love with their product.  Their templates totally take the stress out of scrapbooking...at least they do for me.  :)   It is super easy to play around with the templates until you get the look you want.  You know exactly what your layout is going to look like before you start cutting your paper.  LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

They call their style of scrapbooking "Framing".  Here is a video explaining what "Framing" is...



Using these templates has brought me back to doing what I love....scrapbooking...revisiting memories....and being creative.  I have to say that I was in a bit of a rut...ok a lot of a rut.  It has been a long long time since I created a 12x12  layout actually using more than one picture.  




I managed to fit in 12 photos on this layout!!!  Whoo Hooo!!   (BTW Kiwi Lane has monthly challenges with give aways!!!  Yayyyyy!!!  I won the last one with the above layout.  :)  Make sure you check it out.)

It seems that the designers from the leading scrapbooking companies have forgotten what scrapbooking is all about.  Don't get me wrong I love looking at their artwork..and I love their products..but seriously is it practical or affordable???  Not in my world it isn't...(this is the realization I have come to).  When I take pictures of my family hanging out and having fun, or of birthdays, or Christmas, or Thanksgiving (I think you get the idea) I don't just take one picture, and I am thinking that a lot of your are the same.  :) and it is completely unrealistic to scrapbook them one at a time or to choose the perfect picture from a birthday party.  (Not that I will never do a layout using one picture again...because I most definitely will...but there will be fewer of them in my scrapbooks).  So I am on a mission.....

I have a scrapbooking room jam packed with papers, and stickers, and flowers, and chipboard, and buttons, and ribbon and brads, and ...and....and...and....OMG!!!!!!!  it is ridiculous the amount of stuff that I have collected and am now hoarding for some strange reason..  So, what the plan is...is to get those photos out of the dozens of boxes, photo albums and off the computer and into scrapbooks, after all this is why I started collecting all of my scrapbooking goodies.....

I have started pulling out photos already.  :)  I mean business this time...hahahah.  It was tough for me to find a starting point...then I thought...I am so far behind already does it really matter where I start...LOL...nope it really doesn't....I have the picture picked for my next double page layout I will post a pic when it is complete.

I am hoping to start moving forward again and keeping things simple.  :)

Leanne




No comments:

Post a Comment